2017-08-30

8) Coffee

Those who know me, know that I like coffee. Those who know me well, know that I arrived late to the coffee game, not actually really drinking it until 2009 when I traveled to Italy with my girlfriend (now wife), and her family. I guess that I had always tried bad, low quality coffee, so I thought that I didn't like it. Across the pond, I tried good, high quality Italian coffee and loved it. Because of that trip, I became a regular coffee drinker.

Those who know me well also know that I deal with anxiety issues. Too much caffeine & anxiety don't mix, so I've always walked that line between enjoying a cup and getting the coffee jitters.

To say the least, my stress and anxiety have been through the roof since E's leukemia diagnosis, and since this happened, I haven't had a single drop of regular coffee. I do enjoy my daily cup, and I find it comforting, almost like a warm hug in a mug without sounding too cheesy. I've switched to decaf so that I can keep up with my familiar daily routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment