2017-08-24

6) Astrology & destiny

I've always liked astrology and horoscopes. I don't believe them, and I don't see how the positioning of the sun, stars, and planets at the time of your birth has a determination on your personality, but I do find them interesting.

I'm also not the type of person who thinks things happen for a reason. Especially now. There is no possible reason why a 15 month old, or any other child would get cancer. Sometimes good things happen, sometimes bad things happen. Things happen because they happen.

How does this all fit together? Why am I talking about astrology & destiny when my son has leukemia? My thoughts were racing and swirling as they often do these days, and I noticed that E's cancer diagnosis was on July 22nd, the last day of astrological Cancer. I'm not hung up on this, nor am I reading too much into this. I don't believe that the forces of the universe, or the alignment of the sun and stars conspired to cause E to get leukemia. I don't believe there's any significance behind it, but I do find a cancer diagnosis on the last day of Cancer to be weird conincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment