2017-10-09

19) Giving thanks

October 9th, 2017. Thanksgiving. At least here in Canada anyway. Despite having my second born diagnosed with leukemia on the day he turned 15 months old, I still feel like we are lucky. I feel that should give thanks and list a few of the great things in my life:

  • I have two wonderful boys, and a wife, all of whom love me unconditionally
  • I have a roof over my head, and food in my belly
  • I have a good support system which includes family through both blood & marriage, as well as friends
  • an overwhelming number of people reached out to offer support and kind words when the news of E's leukemia diagnosis broke
  • the same overwhelming number of people are all standing with us, optimistic for E's recovery
  • there is an entire team of doctors, nurses, and staff who are all working together to ensure that my little E receives the best treatment that he can receive
  • we have access to a world class children's hospital such as SickKids
  • I live in a country like Canada where we have universal healthcare so we do not have the additional burden of worrying about how to afford hospital bills

Happy Thanksgiving FVCKcancer readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment