2019-07-23

103) 2 years

Yesterday, July 22nd, 2019, marked E’s 2 year cancerversary. I wrote a little blurb on Facebook about it, and I’m going to Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V that here:

It's now been 2 years ago to the day. I will never forget July 22nd, 2017 for as long as I live. It's not been an easy journey, and it's difficult to put into words the type & amount of anguish I've suffered from having a seriously ill child. There's nothing we can do, other than move forward, put our trust in modern medicine, and appreciate the other cancer families, & amazing healthcare professionals that we've met along the way.

Thank you to family, for being there, for watching our kids when we have an appointment, or need a break. I'm trying to not let myself feel down or frustrated by the fact that we still have more than a year left in treatment, but two years ago, I couldn't even imagine my life two days in the future, let alone where we'd be in 2019. I'm looking forward to the day when our little guy gets to ring the bell, and I secretly hope he rings it so hard, he breaks the damn thing.
FVCK cancer!

My plan was to post this here, and then expand upon it a bit more, but after re-reading it, I don’t think there’s anything else I need to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment