2018-11-16

80) Batkid

This post doesn't directly relate to E, but I thought I would share a good news story:




https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/mbvd/batkid-cancer-free-remission

I'm sure a number of people will remember Miles Scott, a 5 year old boy being treated for leukemia. He's from San Francisco, and he used his Make-A-Wish wish to be Batkid for a day. Yesterday marked 5 years that Miles has been in remission, which means he is now considered cancer-free! A big congratulations to him and his family!

I remember watching the story with tears in my eyes, especially when it was reported that about fifteen-thousand people came out, and lined the streets to show their support, when organizers had only expected a few hundred! In 2013, Neither of my two boys had been born yet, but my wife was pregnant with our first. I specifically remember remember thinking about that little boy, and his family. I expanded that thought to all families who have kids with cancer, and just how unfair & difficult it must be. At that time, I had no idea that I would be going through the same thing with my youngest (not-born-until 2016) son in less than four years.


No comments:

Post a Comment